The registration for my mentoring program, "Fundamentals for C++ Professionals", is still open until 17th April. The program starts on 22nd April.
Do you want to become a professional C++ developer? If yes, consider my mentoring program and invest at least 3 hours per week for nine months. You will master C++ (including C++17) in 28 steps. Here are they.
- Types: enumerations, pointer, references, and casts
- Types: type deduction with
- Values: initialization, conversion,
- Values: move semantics and perfect forwarding
- Classes: attributes and constructors
- Classes: initialization, destructors, and member functions
delete, operator overloading, explicit, access rights, friends, and structs
- Inheritance: abstract base classes, access rights, constructors, base class initializers
- Inheritance: destructor, virtuality,
final, and multiple inheritances
- Templates: functions and classes
- Templates: parameters and arguments
- Template Specialization
- Type Traits
- Smart Pointers
- STL: General Ideas (containers, algorithms, iterators, callables, range-based)
- STL: Common Interface of the Containers
- STL: sequential containers and associative containers
- STL: algorithms
- Strings including string views
- Regular Expressions
- In- and Output
- Threads: creation, data sharing, mutexes, and locks
- Threads: thread-local data, thread-safe initialization, condition variables
One step consists of theory, practice, and mentoring:
- Pure theory with approx. ten slides (video)
- Applied theory with approx. five examples (video)
- Explain the exercises (video)
- Explain the sample solutions to the exercises (video)
- Live Q&A session on each Friday of each week, in which I address questions about the week's topic; I record this session.
- E-mail queries by participants; I publish the e-mail responses anonymously if appropriate, or address them in the Q&A sessions.4
Additionally, I provide one-to-one mentoring.
During the program and at the end, I will have a one-to-one mentoring call with each participant. Each one-to-one mentoring call has a unique purpose.
- During the mentoring program: You decide when it should happen. The purpose of this one-to-one call is simple. I want to support you in mastering my mentoring program.
- In the end: I want to provide you with additional guidance for your career as a C++ programmer because you are never done learning.
There is way more to it. I will create additional mentoring programs at the end of these years and have tons of precious further content such as videos, articles, and coupons for my book about the C++ standard library. Here are the technical details:
Still not sure if you should participate? Here are your next steps:
- One hour introduction: https://vimeo.com/687649517.
- Sample section 6 (move semantics and perfect forwarding). Of course, the mentoring part is missing: Move Semantics and Perfect Forwarding.
I'm very excited to have you on board,
Thanks a lot to my Patreon Supporters: Matt Braun, Roman Postanciuc, Tobias Zindl, G Prvulovic, Reinhold Dröge, Abernitzke, Frank Grimm, Sakib, Broeserl, António Pina, Sergey Agafyin, Андрей Бурмистров, Jake, GS, Lawton Shoemake, Animus24, Jozo Leko, John Breland, Venkat Nandam, Jose Francisco, Douglas Tinkham, Kuchlong Kuchlong, Robert Blanch, Truels Wissneth, Kris Kafka, Mario Luoni, Friedrich Huber, lennonli, Pramod Tikare Muralidhara, Peter Ware, Daniel Hufschläger, Alessandro Pezzato, Bob Perry, Satish Vangipuram, Andi Ireland, Richard Ohnemus, Michael Dunsky, Leo Goodstadt, John Wiederhirn, Yacob Cohen-Arazi, Florian Tischler, Robin Furness, Michael Young, Holger Detering, Bernd Mühlhaus, Matthieu Bolt, Stephen Kelley, Kyle Dean, Tusar Palauri, Dmitry Farberov, Juan Dent, George Liao, Daniel Ceperley, Jon T Hess, Stephen Totten, Wolfgang Fütterer, Matthias Grün, Phillip Diekmann, Ben Atakora, Ann Shatoff, and Rob North.
Thanks, in particular, to Jon Hess, Lakshman, Christian Wittenhorst, Sherhy Pyton, Dendi Suhubdy, Sudhakar Belagurusamy, Richard Sargeant, Rusty Fleming, John Nebel, Mipko, Alicja Kaminska, and Slavko Radman.
My special thanks to Embarcadero
My special thanks to PVS-Studio
My special thanks to Tipi.build
My special thanks to Take Up Code
I'm happy to give online seminars or face-to-face seminars worldwide. Please call me if you have any questions.
Standard Seminars (English/German)
Here is a compilation of my standard seminars. These seminars are only meant to give you a first orientation.
- C++ - The Core Language
- C++ - The Standard Library
- C++ - Compact
- C++11 and C++14
- Concurrency with Modern C++
- Design Pattern and Architectural Pattern with C++
- Embedded Programming with Modern C++
- Generic Programming (Templates) with C++
- Clean Code with Modern C++
- Phone: +49 7472 917441
- Mobil:: +49 176 5506 5086
- German Seminar Page: www.ModernesCpp.de
- Mentoring Page: www.ModernesCpp.org