Something completely different. I'm looking for English proofreaders for my new book.
O'Reilly gave me my rights back to translate one of my German books to English. I like this book very much. Because it gives you the necessary stuff you should know about the current C++ standard library in about 250 pages.
Here is a picture of the German issue.
And here a two critiques on amazon.
Here are the facts?
What is the relation to my German book?
- I will use the German book as a starting point.
- Based on your critique and my improvements, it may change a little be more or less during the writing.
Who will publish it?
- I wrote three books the traditional way, so I will this time give self publishing a try: https://leanpub.com/
- In addition, it's very difficult for a German writer to publish a book in English. Although a lot of you asked me for my books.
When will it be published?
- My idea is, that I will pre publish the book. That means I publish it, if I'm done with about 40% of the book.
- I wrote about 15% of the book. So I'm try to go publish in this September.
What's your job?
- Proofread the chapters of the book you like. At least one of the 15 chapters.
- Look for syntax errors in the book (You know, there is a lot of potential in my English writing.)
What are the requirements for proofreading?
- You have not to be a C++ expert. To be honest. There is no need to know C++.
- English should be your mother tongue. Or something comparable.
- If you still want to participate, but your English is not good enough, you can pick up another aspect of the book and proofread it. That's fine for me.
What do you get?
- A digital version the book and all updates.
- I will mention you in the book.
- Use the contact button in the left column of this webpage
My last words
If I forget an import info at this page, please make a comment or contact me and I will improve this page.
I'm very curious, how my plan will work out. If the book will become a success, I plan to write further books based on my blogs. I have a lot of ideas in my mind.
- Multithreading mit modern C++
- Embedded programming mit modern C++
- Functional programming in C++
- A style guide for writing modern C++
Go to Leanpub/cpplibrary "What every professional C++ programmer should know about the C++ standard library". Get your e-book. Support my blog.